Sunday, February 6, 2011

Boring books



English Muse has written a list of great "boring" books. Fantastically, I haven't read a single one, although I have a feeling she has hit the mark - being inspired by The Guardian's often amusing Robert Crum. 

I myself have just finished Truman Capote's In Cold Blood, one of the popular penguin series. Despite the unashamedly gory subject matter, I found the book very much enjoyable - surely a sign of great writing as the ending is established at the beginning, yet I was still eager to see the plot unfold. I have recently made the happy and sad discovery that Penguin has released another 75 of their little orange books...one hundred of which currently sit on my shelves (of which I have read about 30 so far). I say happy and sad because now I will be able to add Freud's The Psychology of Love to my bookshelf, but as a new student, the expense of this may mean it takes me some time to accrue the whole collection.



No comments:

Post a Comment