Thursday, November 25, 2010

Movie soundtracks

I have been thinking about movie soundtracks lately...I find them such an excellent source into music I probably wouldn't have heard otherwise. The Wackness probably rates as one of my all time favourites.
As The Playlist says "While, the film's soundtrack is heavy on the hip-hop, the movie also features '60s reggae artists, The Pioneers, late '80s indie-pop act Vomit Launch, and tracks by Donovan and Mott The Hoople*." Including:

Nas - "The World Is Yours"

Raewkon "Heaven and Hell"

Notorious B.I.G. feat. Method Man "The What"

DJ Jazzy Jeff and The Fresh Prince "Summertime"

Donovan - "Season of The Witch"

Biz Markie - "Just A Friend"

Total feat. Notorious B.I.G. "Can’t Ya See"

A Tribe Called Quest - "Can I Kick It"

Faith Evans - "You Used To Love Me"

R Kelly - "Bump N' Grind"

The Pioneers - "Long Shot Kick de Buckettfont"

Vomit Launch "Exit Lines"

Craig Mack - "Flava In Your Ear"

The Wu Tang Clan - "Tearz''

Mott The Hoople - "All The Young Dudes"
 
 Any other ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment